Considered an alternative option to visit Machu Picchu, for people on a tight schedule and families with children.
The short Inca trail demands few efforts, on its 11 km of length is possible to enjoy the most beautiful part of the four-days Inca trail, archeological sites, great scenery, entering through the sun gate to reach Machu Picchu citadel.
Don’t miss the opportunity of experience the magic of the Inca trail even though you don’t have enough time.
Today’s adventure will take us along the most impressive part of the Inca Trail, visit astonishing Inca sites, wild vegetation incredible scenery trekking about 11km.
Our journey begins in Ollantaytambo in the Sacred Valley, we board the train to Chachabamba km 104, the starting point of our trek, after visiting the Inca site nearby, we will begin the 3 hours of slightly uphill toward Winayhuayna 8.747ft./2.650m from where we will have a spectacular panoramic view of the valley, after a brief tour at Winayhuayna, we will go to enjoy our lunch near by the Inca site.
In the afternoon after lunch, we continue on our trek to the Sun Gate 8.977ft./2.720m, 2.5 hours of beautiful trail and exotic wild vegetation along the way. Intupunku (the sun gate) is an Inca site located on the saddle of the mountain, place where we can have the first pictures of Machu Picchu city, from here we continue on to the exit of the park to catch the bus which will take us to Aguas Calientes town, where we will stay in the hotel.
• Meals: Breakfast, lunch, Dinner in restaurant at Aguas Calientes town.
• Accommodation: 3 stars Hotel provided by kuntur Peru.
• Estimated walking time: about 6 – 7 hours
• Walking distance: 8.3 Miles / 13.5km.
• Difficulty: Moderat.
Early in the morning after breakfast, you will take the bus up to visit Machu Picchu citadel. Make sure you are carrying your passport the one you have booked with, once in the citadel, your guide will give you a background information about the Inca city, then he will show you the most important sectors in the citadel, after 2 hours guided tour you will have plenty of time for further exploring.
Note: If you purchased the admission tickets to climb Waynapicchu Mt or Machupicchu Mt, your guide will give you some instructions to know where and when you should leave, it could take 1.5 to 2 hours back and forth for Waynapicchu and 3 hours for Machupicchu Mountain.
Our guide will meet us at Aguas Calientes town for lunch. Afterward, we take our return train to Ollantaytambo, where our private transportation will be waiting for us. Finally, we will drive 2 hours back to Cusco.
• Meals: Breakfast provided at the Hotel.
• Accommodation: Hotel in Cuzco.
• Estimated walking time: Exploring Machupicchu
• Walking distance: Exploration only.
• Difficulty: Easy.
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide
- Assistant Tour Guide for groups of 8+
- Pick up from hotel
- Private transportation to Ollantaytambo train station
- Train tickets to Km 104
- Entrance fees to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
- Train tickets back to ollantaytambo and Private bus back to Cusco.
- Snacks, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner at the town. If you have a dietary request such as vegetarian food please let us know.
- 3 Star Hotel in aguas calientes town.
- First aid kit and extra oxigen bottle for emergency
- Back and forth Bus tickets to Machu Picchu and Aguas Calientes town
- Breakfast on Day 1, lunch and dinner on Day 2
- Entrance fee to Huayna Picchu Mountain
- Extra porter.
What to bring
Passport, the one you booked this tour with.
ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
Extra water bottle
Confortable walking shoes
Waterproof jacket, in case of rain
Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
Toiletries and hand sanitizer
head lamp with spare batteries
Travel Insurance – strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
It is expected trekkers to carry their own personal gear. However, everyone should make an honest assessment on their physical condition before you start planning your trip, If a personal porter is desired, it is important to request one at the time of booking, as they are included in the 500 people per day limit.
To secure a permit and entrance ticket to classic Inca trail, Wayna Picchu Mt, and Machu Picchu Mt, consider Peruvian government regulations require full name and current passport information of all trekkers, permits are non-transferable, it can’t be sold to others and can be sold out quickly months in advance. It is, therefore, important to arrange the reservation dates at the earliest opportunity.
Wayna Picchu Mountain is an excellent addition for a trip to Machu Picchu. It offers great views but is a steep climb that can take about two and a half hours back and forth.
The admission tickets to Wayna Picchu Mountain are limited and only at scheduled times. If you are considering doing the climb, make sure to book it in advance. The classic Inca Trail to Machu Picchu can be a challenging hike, there are lots of stone steps and steep uphills that could make you feel tired at the end.
If you desire to trek to Machu Picchu, but you don’t have the time, neither enough energy to do the whole 4-days trek, you must consider our alternate options or the short version “Inca Trail 2d / 1n” These can be booked any time in the year, with no advance reservation.
2 trekkers: $580.00 per person
3 trekkers: $560.00 per person
4 trekkers: $540.00 per person
5 trekkers: $520.00 per person
6 trekkers: $490.00 per person
7 trekkers: $475.00 per person
8+trekkers: $460.00 per person
According to Peruvian Law, you must be under 18 years of age at the time you do tour, or visit Machu Picchu, students 18 and above, need the ISIC card to qualify for the discount. Students must provide a copy of their passport at the time of their booking to get the student discount. Email us a copy at email@example.com
- Student Discount (only with active green ISIC card): US$ 25.00
- Students from 12 to 17 years, a discount of US$ 25.00
- Children from of 5 to 12 years, a discount of US$ 25.00
*More details will be available if you are interested in taking advantage of this offer, such as free tours in Cusco city, free items for camping activities, and personal discounts. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The following list of prices fixed in the items, are adjusted to the Inca Trail 2Days/1Nights. However, we consider discounting the price for each item, for more than 10 participants in the group.
- Set of trekking poles – US$10.00
- Sleeping bag – US$10.00 (for camping service option.)
- Single Tent – US$25.00 (for camping service option.)
- Inflatable mattress – US$ 10.00 (included for camping service option.)
- Wayna Picchu Mountain – US$ 65.00
- Machu Picchu Mountain – US$ 65.00
Kuntur Peru includes 3 stars hotel room at Aguas Calientes town and expedition train service back to Ollantaytambo. However, it is possible to upgrade your service for an additional cost shown below.
- Vistadome Train (back to Ollantaytambo) + US$65.00
- Single Accommodation* at Machupicchu town + US$40.00
- 4 stars hotel at Machupicchu town + US$ 75.00
Kuntur Peru provides the best quality of items for our customers, for a better experience during the trekking, we concern about the safety, comfort, and satisfaction in every trekking activity.
- Four season (Eureka k-2 tx) tents, for two people in each.
- Black Diamond Trekking Poles.
- Sleeping bags according to route requirement.
- We use 3* hotels in Aguas Calientes, if you don’t want to share the twin bedroom, select Single Accommodation when Booking.
If you are nature and landscape lover, vista dome train service is the choice, wider windows, and glass ceilings to see the mountains.