If you are looking for an adventure of Andean stories, incredible landscapes, and charming service, we invite you to take our program of 10 days exploring the Inca kingdom.
Cusco, the historical capital of the old America, Andean people had settled in this place to form an empire which once was the largest and the most important in South America. In its time Cusco was the center of that empire that lasted until the Spanish arrival. In the colonial time, Cusco city was marked for a period of artistic influences, the painting, construction, and religion, was the most predominant.
Today Cusco city is well known for its archeological attractions, among all of them Machu Picchu, the most outstanding Inca city, raised upon the mountains in the Vilcanota Valley.
- City Tour (qoricancha and 4 inca sites in cusco)
- Sacred Valley (Pisaq Oantaytambo Chichero)
- Maras - Moray - Salineras
- Rainbow mountain Expedition
- Inka Trail to Machupicchu 4 days trek
We will pick you up at the airport, the transfer will be in a private car to the hotel in downtown of the city, on the way the guide will give you some instructions about the city. The first day in Cusco could be unfavorable for you, cause we will be at 3.400m / 10.800ft. Therefore today will be an acclimating day. At your hotel, you will taste Coca tea, which will help you to acclimate faster. The transfer will give some basic instructions in case you want to explore the town later on, after some break in your hotel room, consider explore the downtown, in case you have any question, our representative will be in contact with you to let you know about the program and everything necessary before you start you adventure the following days.
The main temple in Cusco built by Incan people by the middle of the XVII century. The Cathedral is important for its large collection of paintings from Cusquenian artist, after a guided tour, we will take you to an amazing Inca temple ( Qoricancha) where still remains the perfect construction of Inca period still standing after two big earthquakes, from Cusco city, we will drive to the upper part of Cusco, toward Sacsayhuaman, where you will appreciate an extraordinary site, compound by walls made of enormous stones up to 80 tons weight, and several foundations of buildings from those that once were important Incan residences, five minutes driving from here is Qenqo, a ceremonial site where took place mummification in caverns sculpted underground, finally, from Qenqo we will drive to visit Pukapucara and the last one Tambomachay, the water shrine. After exploring all sites, we will drive you back to Cusco downtown and drop you off at your hotel.
Today we leave at 7:30 am, we will drive first to Awanacancha a traditional weaving center, where you will be able to appreciate the Andean camelids such us Llamas, Alpacas, Vicunas, and Guanacos. Afterward, we continue driving to Pisaq, the first Inca site located upon one of the Mountains in the valley, this will take 30 minutes from the village which has the same name. Pisaq is an archeological complex made up of large terraces for agriculture, Incan residences, water fountains, pathways, and more. After the guided tour we will drive to Urubamba town for lunch, there we will enjoy a buffet service of typical food, after our delicious lunch, we will continue to Ollantaytambo, we will visit the formidable Inca site, surrounded by Mountains, and valleys. You will have a guided tour exploring around at the ruins. From Ollantaytambo, we will go to the last archeological site called Chincero, an Inca site and a small town, where families still keep the old traditions to make textiles, we will have the chance to visit one of those families. Afterward, we will drive toward Cusco, arriving around 6:30 pm, we will drop you off at the hotel.
Today is an exciting day, we will leave Cusco at 8:30 am, driving toward the Maras town, we will still explore part of the sacred valley, its amazing views of the Mountains, farmlands, villages.
After 1.5 hours driving, we will arrive at the fascinating display of circular terraces in Moray. These terraces, which are carved deep into the earth in a bowl shape, were used to improve the optimal conditions of seed for all crops in the region.
When we are done exploring Moray, we will head to the Salineras of Maras, the salt ponds, which is about 2 miles away. Maras was the village known as a former salt production center, that is thought to date back to pre-Inca times. There are over 3000 salt small ponds all carved on the mountainside, being filled daily by a little stream of salty water. If you want to see something really different from ruins, this is your tour! The area is amazing and spectacularly beautiful.
Afterward, we will drive to Ollantaytambo where we will spend the night in the hotel near the train station.
Between 7:00 and 7:30 am, we pick you up at your hotel in Ollantaytambo, we will drive you in a private bus toward Km 82 or Piskacuchu (2,700 m.a.s.l), the starting point of the Inca trail, after we show our passport at the control point, we will have 2.5 hours trekking to arrive at Miskay community (2.800 m.a.s.l) where we will have our first Lunch, in the afternoon, after a small break, we will continue, to reach a lookout point from where we will see the spectacular view of the valley and Patallacta Inca city (2,750 m.a.s.l). After a background information, We continue trekking along the Kusichaca Valley to Wayllabamba where we will spend the night, our porters and chef will be cheering our arrival. Later on tea time and dinner will be served.
We wake up at around 6:00 am, and after breakfast, we leave Wayllabamba to begin the most difficult part of the trek, which consists of an abrupt and steep ascent that stretches for 6 km. Along the way, we will see the landscape changes from sierra to puna (dry and high area with little vegetation). until we reach to the first mountain pass, Warmihuañusca (the Dead woman´s pass) at 4.215 m.a.s.l. from here we will see the spectacular views of the highest peaks and valleys on both sides, after a brief break and some pictures, we head down for two hours to Pacaymayo valley (3.600 m.a.s.l), where we will enjoy the camp in the middle of the mountains, we reach there after approx 7 hours of trekking.
Today is the longest but also the most impressive and the most interesting, due to the number of archaeological sites. From Pacaymayo we climb to the second pass, Runkurakay at 3.970 m.a.s.l. On the way up, we visit the archaeological site. Runkurakay, at 3800 m.a.s.l consists of a small oval structure, 1.5 more hours, we will reach the pass. From this point, we will enjoy the views of Vilcanota mountain range, afterward, we will head down to Chaquicocha (Dry Lagoon) on the way we will pass through to Sayacmarca Inca site (3624 masl). This is a beautiful complex made up of enclosures, narrow streets, liturgical fountains. From Chakicocha we continue trekking on a beautiful pathway to Phuyupatamarca at 3.700 m.a.s.l. Today’s hike is one of the most complete and best-preserved stone pavement Inca Trail. Phuyupatamarca means ¨spot over the clouds¨ place where we will spend the 3rd night.
On the fourth of our adventure, we will reach to Aguas Calientes town, so this is the last day on the Inca trail. We get up at 5:30 am to leave Phuyupatamarca, after breakfast, we start descending passing through an Inca site, this downhill takes about 3 hours to the terraces of Intipata, where we will take a small break getting some of the best views of the valley, from here we will see our Lunch spot, which is 25 minutes away. In the afternoon after lunch, we will follow the path for two more hours to Inti Punku at 2.723 m.a.s.l, from where we will see Machu Picchu Inca city. Until this point, we would be trekking about 42 km from the starting point, we are ready to finish only 40 more minutes to the bus station, we will leave Machu Picchu, but not after taking some pictures of the Inca city at the postcard spot.
Tonight, we will stay at the hotel dinner will be at one of the best restaurants in Aguas Calientes town.
We leave our hotel after an early breakfast, we take the bus for our last day in Machu Picchu city. Once inside the citadel, we will provide with a 2.5 hour guided tour exploring and visiting the most important sectors in the citadel, after the tour, you will have plenty of free time for further exploring, taking photos and the option to climb Huayna Picchu if you apply to get the ticket for the Mountain. After all take the bus back to Aguas Calientes to meet your guide, he will give you the last instructions and at 2:55 pm, you will take the return train to Ollantaytambo. From where you will be transferred back to Cusco, we will drop you off at your hotel.
Today depending on the time of your flight, we will pick you up at the hotel to the airport, we must be two hours ahead of the departure time, we hope there won’t be any inconvenient on your flight.
We hope you had enjoyed your stay in Cusco and it had been the adventure of your lifetime with Kuntur Peru.
This package includes
- • . - Arrival to Cusco (Pick up from the airport, Transfer to the hotel )
- • 1. - Cusco city tour (Private transportation, guide, and entrance fees).
- • 2. - Sacred Valley tour (Transfers, guide, and entrance fees).
- • 3. - Salineras, Maras - Moray tour (Private transportation, guide, entrance fees, hotel in Ollantaytambo).
- • 4. - 5 Days Inca trail (Inca trail entrance fees, Private trasportation, professional trekking guide, additional bus tickets and entrance fees).
- • 5. - Visit Machu Picchu (Bus tickets back and forth, professional guided tour, and entrance fees)
- • . - Last day Cusco (Pick up from the hotel to the airport)
- • Inca trail 5 Days trekking (Briefing at Kuntur Peru office, bus to the trailhead, bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes, entrance fees to the trail and Machu Picchu, professional guide, food 04B, 04L, 04D)
- • Note: For Inka trail 5 Days trekking, the additional camp staff like porters and cooks, extra camp equipment (sleeping tent, foam mattress, dining tent, kitchen tent, bathroom tent, oxygen bottle, first aid kit, and radio), expedition service return train to Ollantaytambo, transfer to the hotel in Cusco.
- • Private transportation everyday city tour, sacred Valley, Maras - Moray - salineras, as part of the program.
- • Note: kuntur Peru assistance phone and your guide will be with you the time of your tour as required. The Tour guide will be with the group the time of the trek to Machupicchu.
- • Transfer from Airport / Hotel (Cusco)
- • Transfer from Hotel / Airport (Cusco)
- • Throughout the trip, the passenger will have the constant assistance of his Tour guide, they are the highly skilled person to provide the best assistance to our passengers.
- HOTELS 5NIGHTS*
- • Cusco: 04 nights.
- • Ollantaytambo the sacred valley: 01 night.
- • Machu Picchu: 01 nights. 3 stars hotel room
- • Camping: 03 nights (On Inca trail 5D/4N).
- • (*)The rooms at hotels can be double or single, Standard type.
This package doesnt include
- • Lunch on the last day after visiting Machu Picchu.
- • Huayna Picchu tickets* (Additional cost UD$ 65.00)
- • Entrance fees to the cathedral (Additional cost S/ 25.00)
- • Entrance fees to Qoricancha temple.(Additional cost S/ 10.00)
- • Meals in the city and the Sacred Valley.
- • Inflatable Mattress. (for rent UD$25.00. At Kuntur Peru office)
- • Trekking poles. (for rent UD$20.00 the set. At Kuntur Peru office)
- • Additional single tent. (for rent UD$45.00. At Kuntur Peru office)
- • Domestic flight tickets.
- Note: Please note that the estimated time to start your guided tour of the Machu Picchu Citadel is between (6:30 am - 7 am), it could last from 2 or 2.5 hours.However, this might be delayed due to the pace of the group and weather issues. Therefore, there is a risk of having to leave your guided tour half way to be able to make it on time for your climb to either Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain. Likewise, keep in mind that the trek up to the mountain is not suggested for people with problems with vertigo or who are afraid of heights.